For an up-to-date list of our published works, please visit Fangqiong Ling's Google Scholar site.
14. Wu, L., Ning, D., Zhang, B., Li, Y., Zhang, P., Shan, X., Zhang, Q., Brown, M., Li, Z., Van Nostrand, J.D., Ling, F., ... & Zhou, J. (2019). Global diversity and biogeography of bacterial communities in wastewater treatment plants. Nature Microbiology.
13. Hull, N.M., Ling, F., Pinto, A.J., Albertsen, M., Jang, H.G., Hong, P.Y., Konstantinidis, K.T., LeChevallier, M., Colwell, R.R. , & Liu, W.T. (2019). Drinking Water Microbiome Project: Is it Time?. Trends in microbiology.
12. Ling, F., Whitaker, R., LeChevallier, M. W., & Liu, W. T. (2018). Drinking water microbiome assembly induced by water stagnation. The ISME journal, 12(6), 1520. Featured in a collection of papers from The ISME Journal and Nature Microbiology for ISME17 meeting in Leipzig, Germany. Selected as Editor's Choice: Best of ISMEJ 2018.
11. Ling, F. (2017). Microbial communities as biosensors for monitoring urban environments. Microbial biotechnology, 10(5), 1149-1151. (Invited editorial)
10. Li, C., Ling, F., Zhang, M., Liu, W. T., Li, Y., & Liu, W. (2017). Characterization of bacterial community dynamics in a full-scale drinking water treatment plant. Journal of Environmental Sciences, 51, 21-30.
9. Ling, F., Hwang, C., LeChevallier, M. W., Andersen, G. L., & Liu, W. T. (2016). Core-satellite populations and seasonality of water meter biofilms in a metropolitan drinking water distribution system. The ISME journal, 10(3), 582. This is the largest study of water supply biofilm samples as of the publishing date.
8. Liu, G., Ling, F., Van der Mark, E. J., Zhang, X. D., Knezev, A., Verberk, J. Q. J. C., ... & Van Dijk, J. C. (2016). Comparison of particle-associated bacteria from a drinking water treatment plant and distribution reservoirs with different water sources. Scientific reports, 6, 20367.
7. Lautenschlager, K., Hwang, C., Ling, F., Liu, W. T., Boon, N., Köster, O., ... & Hammes, F. (2014). Abundance and composition of indigenous bacterial communities in a multi-step biofiltration-based drinking water treatment plant. Water research, 62, 40-52.
6. Liu, G., Ling, F., Magic-Knezev, A., Liu, W. T., Verberk, J. Q. J. C., & Van Dijk, J. C. (2013). Quantification and identification of particle-associated bacteria in unchlorinated drinking water from three treatment plants by cultivation-independent methods. Water research, 47(10), 3523-3533.
5. Janjaroen, D., Ling, F., Monroy, G., Derlon, N., Mogenroth, E., Boppart, S. A., ... & Nguyen, T. H. (2013). Roles of ionic strength and biofilm roughness on adhesion kinetics of Escherichia coli onto groundwater biofilm grown on PVC surfaces. Water research, 47(7), 2531-2542.
4. Ling, F., & Liu, W. T. (2013). Impact of chloramination on the development of laboratory-grown biofilms fed with filter-pretreated groundwater. Microbes and environments, 28(1), 50-57.
3. Hwang, C.+, Ling, F.+, Andersen, G. L., LeChevallier, M. W., & Liu, W. T. (2012). Microbial community dynamics of an urban drinking water distribution system subjected to phases of chloramination and chlorination treatments. Applied and environmental microbiology, AEM-01892. (+equal contribution)
2. Hwang, C., Ling, F., Andersen, G. L., LeChevallier, M. W., & Liu, W. T. (2012). Evaluation of methods for the extraction of DNA from drinking water distribution system biofilms. Microbes and environments, 27(1), 9-18.
1. Hong, P. Y., Hwang, C., Ling, F., Andersen, G. L., LeChevallier, M. W., & Liu, W. T. (2010). Pyrosequencing analysis of bacterial biofilm communities in water meters of a drinking water distribution system. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 76(16), 5631-5635.